Please note the following important Bidding Information for DuMouchelles:
- The Auction Catalog changes monthly and is available in print and online at www.dumoart.com where detailed descriptions and multiple photographs may be found. Each of the 1,500 lots offered are listed on our website and note a pre-auction estimate - the range in which we predict the item may gavel, based on research and current market values.
- Auction Preview begins at the gallery one week prior to each auction and continues up to and throughout our auction weekend. Please check our print catalog or website for dates and times.
- Condition Reports are recommended - as all lots are sold "as is, where is". Please contact us at email@example.com or at 313.963.6255 should you need further information for an item.
- Attending the Auction - The auction takes place at our gallery at 409 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit, Michigan 48226. DuMouchelle’s auction requires no entry fee and free valet parking is available to those attending. Once a month, we conduct an auction offering approximately 1,500 lots to be sold over a 3-day weekend - Friday evening at 6:30pm, Saturday at 11am and on Sunday at 12 noon. All items continue on preview throughout the auction weekend - with viewing beginning one week prior. You may complete a paddle upon entry to participate in the bidding.
- Bidding can be done in person, by phone, via computer through www.bidsquare.com, www.invaluable.com or www.liveauctioneers.com or by absentee (flat, table bids) and may be submitted directly through our website (www.dumoart.com), by fax (313.963.8199), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (313.963.6255). Should you have an interest in bidding on the phone, we call our phone participants prior to the item being auctioned at the phone numbers provided. Our auctioneers generally open the bidding at an amount under the low estimate, unless absentee “order bidding” prevails or there is a reserve on the item. Absentee (flat, table bids) bids are placed competitively during the auction, reflecting on competing audience, phone and online bidding participation. We auction approximately 70-100 lots per hour, depending on the bidding activity.
- Buyer's Premium is 24% and will be added to all purchases. Note: If bidding online via Live Auctioneers, Bidsquare or Invaluable, please check their fees.
- Payments can be made in U.S. Dollars by wire transfer, cash, cleared check and by Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express (subject to limitations and with approval). If you have a sales tax exemption certificate, please provide it to our office ahead of payment time.
- International Payments may be made by wire transfer or if bidding is executed via online-bidding website, then PayPal may be used (subject to limitations).
- Shipping Arrangements are by your selection and at your expense. Should you need one, we can supply you with a List of Shippers that our clients regularly use and those shippers can provide you with complimentary quotes.
- Gallery Location & Parking – DuMouchelles is located at 409 East Jefferson Ave., Detroit, MI 48226. We are opposite GM Renaissance Center Headquarters, which is one block east of the Tunnel to Canada approached by I-75 (Chrysler Fwy) and US-10 (Lodge Fwy). Parking is available in the parking lot to the rear of our building. There is also parking at the meters on East Jefferson in front of the gallery and 30 minute parking at the side on Brush Street. During our Auction weekend, complimentary valet parking is available at our front entrance.
- All Sales are Final, subject to our Conditions of Sale (see our website or the forward of our catalog) so do take time for previewing or to obtain a condition report.
Please refer to our website WWW.DUMOART.COM or the forward of our print catalog for our Conditions of Sale and additional information.
Our staff is always eager to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have, so please do ask. We want your auction experience at DuMouchelles to be a pleasant and successful one!